Sunday, January 18, 2009

the big bad wolf followed me...

ok, you caught me. my life isn't that mysterious...
so, this weekend, my family packed up to go visit my dad's mother, or grandma margaret as we like to call her, in kerrobert, saskatchewan.   we didn't get a chance to see her this past christmas, and she seems awfully lonely after the passing of grandpa art.  there were three firsts for me this weekend:
First, I went to a Wildlife Federation Dinner.  It was interesting... What was on menu? Porcupine, Goose, Bear... Oh my lanta.... let's just say I stuck to the taco salad. It's not that I'm not adventurous... far from... but I was particularly missing my dog, Gus, this weekend, and wasn't in the mood to eat odd meats. 

 Second, I went to church for the first time in about a year.  I'm sure it made my parents quite happy... maybe they thought I would magically re-convert.... In any case, I was surrounded my passionate people united by a cause. The main message this time was about shunning fornication, and the evils of mass marketing and advertising. 
Wait a minute... selling an idea to a large group of people by using scare tactics such as "If you do/use this, this will/will not happen to you"?..... hmm... 

Third, I learned how to sew on my new sewing machine which I got for X-mas! This was particularly exciting for me because I got to kill two birds with one stone. Bond with "G-ma" and learn a new skill. Neat-o.  Oh! And I'm going to use this new skill for my EAES class.  I'm going to design an outfit, or two, or three and make them! :D Exciting, I know.  Oh, and we have to write a diary entry for my Dance, EAES and EDFN classes, so stay tuned as I kill more than a few birds with one stone!

One Love,
M. Bouv'

1 comment:

  1. I have a sewing machine, but no where to put it here in my apartment, so it is back home. I need to get back into sewing again. At one point I was going to be a fashion designer.. but! Here I am! Good luck with the Eaes project, can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete