Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ye Have Little Faith

Yes, I am writing a post within hours of the last one, and yes, this one will have a much more positive tone. I CAN DO THIS! I just finished a session (Sorry, no recording this time) with Danny, and I feel a million times better about this learning my song. I realized that up until now, I had been practicing chords, and learning them, but never "fitting" them into the song, and piecing them together. Now I know how they fit, and that the song is quite repetitive (other than the bridge, which Danny quipped: "We will cross that bridge when the time comes"),
I can practice whole-heartedly. I know the chords, and the order, and the fingering patterns, and now I just need to work on quick transitions. Also, matching the lyrics up to chord changes is a major help, because it will be an automatic cue for me! Five weeks, and I will have this song down!!

Danny is beyond a wonderful teacher. He makes himself available to me, encourages me, and shows me new things on the internet, such as Youtube videos (which teach it slightly different, and with less chords), and tab charts.

I can see light at the end of the tunnel,
You can do it Sarah!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy to hear that you've put yourself back on track. I had a similar epiphany during Reading Week, and although I'm on track I'm still finding it hard to find practice time. Hopefully we will be able to work through this crazy semester and succeed in learning our songs :)

    ReplyDelete