Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Just A Little Mention

Hey! So I found out that I can make alterations to some of my chords, not only to create variety, but also for more effective and easier transitions from one chord to the next. Danny has taught me a certain pattern of chords, however, when I have researched the song tabs, there has been unique adjustments to them. I have even tried them, and they do contribute a unique sound to the song. In this way, I can gather segments that best suit We Are Going to Be Friends, and make it my own! This is exciting :) I am practicing very regularly now, and the most difficult part for me is transitioning from C chord to G, however, I have altered my G chord in the fourth line of every chorus, adding a finger so that I can easily transition into D chord. The bridge requires a lot of transitions, and because all of the other verses are repetitive, it adds the A chord, and creates variety. Video has also been very helpful for me--even though they all teach it a bit different.

No comments:

Post a Comment